Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Rob



Social network sites like Facebook and Myspace have created something of a social phenomenon by re-connecting long lost friends.

Within the last few weeks, I re-connected with Rob Welk, an old friend from Rogers High School. He found me on Facebook. After all this time, he still lives in Spokane, so we arranged to meet for lunch. Other than one or two brief encounters within last couple decades, we have not spoken since we graduated almost 20 years ago. 20 years.

After the warm, friendly meeting this afternoon, I wonder why we never spoke.

I came home from lunch and talked with my wife about meeting old friends. In that exact moment, I received a Myspace message from a friend I knew in grade school 30 years ago.

Less than a generation ago these kinds of reunions may have never happened, but now they are becoming common. Rob is just one of several dozen people who have found me over the last few months through Myspace or Facebook.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails