Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Seven

I've reached the conclusion of the Seven Random Things Meme, first suggested by my friend and fellow blogger Tim. In all sincerity, I enjoyed the trip down memory lane much more than expected. Whenever I find myself stuck in the duldrums of my seemingly boring life, I can call to mind that I've been both a millionaire and a beggar; that I once tried to save the world but also drove a get-away car in a robbery; that I witnessed the turbulent transfer of power in a Central American nation, and contemplated the mysteries of the universe. Maybe my life isn't so boring after all.

Here are the rules: 1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog. 2. Share seven random or weird things about yourself. 3. Tag seven people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. 4. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Now I have to consider if I wish to pass this meme on to someone else. I usually HATE forwarding these things, but I really DO want to learn more about the people I've selected.

  • Michelle: Because I want to know the seven things you remember about YOUR life, and your life is much more interesting than you believe. Besides, I want you to blog more. I miss connecting with you this way.
  • Seth: Because I miss your photography and personal accounts of life in New York.
  • Ty: Because your gentle wisdom and perspective are too essential to this turbulent world to leave unspoken. (And besides, I wish to plant a seed for re-opening your blog).
  • Colleen: Because you've been everywhere and I selfishly want to know more about your travel experiences.
  • Donis: Because you offer a voice of healing and insight to the world.
  • Jay: Because I'm just becoming acquainted with you and I appreciate your perspective on the world. You're another of the gentle voices of the planet that deserves a greater audience.
  • Carole: Because you're such a good friend and I want to know more about your life and example.
  • Anyone else care to write YOUR seven random things? It doesn't matter if you have a blog or not.
To review my own Seven Random Things:

Random Fact #1: I was once a millionaire.
Random Fact #2: I was once an Earth Ambassador.
Random Fact #3: I once drove a get-away car.
Random Fact #4: I read the Bible from cover to cover.
Random Fact #5: I was once a beggar.
Random Fact #6: I sometimes have prophetic dreams.
Random Fact #7: I survived a coup d'état.

4 comments:

Saoirse in Spokane said...

Those are an amazing 7 things. Each one sounds like a story to be told.

Anders Branderud said...

Hello !

You wrote: "explore the deeper meaning of life by examining family, culture, spirituality, dreams, and the environment."

I would like to recommend the following website: www.netzarim.co.il ; click on the page “Christians” in the main page.
It discusses essential questions as what is the purpose of the Creator.

It researches about the first century Ribi Yehoshua (the Messiah) from Nazareth.

All the best,
Anders Branderud

Barry Moses (Sulustu) said...

Saoirse in Spokane... these are amazing experiences. And yes, I abbreviated them very much in re-telling them here. I saw somewhere that you asked if my wife works at a vet clinic on Garland. The answer is no. She works from home.

Oklahoma Girl said...

GREAT!! I have so loved these stories of your life.

And, Thanks for tagging me. I am honored by your comment. Today is Fact #1.

blessed be...
donis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails