Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Family Dinner


Grandma Great and Rhonda.
Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses.


Ron and his daughter Rhonda.
Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses.


Rhonda's father, grandmother, and niece Mariah came over for dinner tonight before their long drive back to Arizona, and I should say, we had a feast. Rhonda made a delicious roast with potatoes and carrots; and I made salmon baked on a cedar plank, fry bread, and huckleberry pie. I also made a small serving of black moss, which is a traditional food of the Plateau Salish. I told everyone they had to eat at least one bite of moss if they wanted any pie. Mariah won extra points when she praised the moss and also said the salmon was the most delicious she ever had.

After dinner, we looked at old photographs and found grandma's genealogy on the internet. We had such a nice visit; I'm sad to see them leave so soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails