Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Invisible Spirit


Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses.

Some things are closer to the spirit than others. My sister and I stopped to photograph an old farm house in Idaho and came across this amazing little tree. The way the sky seemed to open up above this tree made me feel something beyond this world. Later, we stopped at a strange kind of shelter for wild animals, with a large black bear and a female elk. They looked injured and poorly managed in their tiny little cages. Something about those animals seemed to call out to me. I felt moved to sing for them, like we do in our ceremonies, and as I did, they pushed themselves against the cage, closer to me. For a moment, I felt strangely attached and wanted to cry. I finally had to leave for all the sadness I felt.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails