Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sam Moses Memorial Dinner and Powwow


Three generations of Sam Moses descendents, Davier, Gary, and Dale...
Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses.



Pat Moses leading the drum (center).
Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses.



Sam's kids sing an honor song for their father.
Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses.


A memorial dinner and powwow convened yesterday on the Spokane Reservation in honor of my great uncle Sam Moses. Family members gathered and enjoyed a wonderful time visiting and remembering and laughing. I brought my wife and children for dinner. We only planned to stay a little while, but when the drum started, I couldn't resist going out to the floor to dance. It didn't matter that I didn't have any regalia. I forgot how much I love to dance. I also sang at the drum with Pat, Francis, Louise, Connie, Conrad, and others.

The family then had a give-away in honor of uncle Sam. It was a beautiful evening.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails