Sunday, April 30, 2006

Old School House


Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses.


Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses.

One of our traditional root fields sits just beyond Wilbur, Washington, near an old abandoned school house. The kids dug roots for a while and quickly decided to hike across the field to get a closer look at the school. I followed a while later and took some intriguing photographs, like looking through a window to the past. It seemed strangely fitting to dig roots in the shadow of an old school; in our way the roots are the teachers, and the wide-open field is our school.

Whitney and I saw a great horned owl in the school, but unfortunately, we didn't get a good picture. I could feel someone watching me, and when I looked up, I saw the owl gazing impassively from her nest in the tower.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

You should of taken a picture of one of the girls in the school window, that would of looked creepy!

Barry Moses (Sulustu) said...

Unfortunately, the floor was really weak. I'm afraid they would have fallen through.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails